For information on the admissions process for Grassmoor Primary School click here:
Applications for a Nursery place are submitted via the school. Please ask at the office for an application form or contact Karen Kibble (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applying for a primary or infant school place for 2023
If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 they will be eligible to start in a Reception class in September 2022.
Applications for children due to start infant, primary and junior schools in September 2022 will open in November 2021.
Further information will be available on the Derbyshire County Council site at that time.
Individual pupils who have a statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan (EHC) which names the school will be admitted.
In deciding on admissions to all community and voluntary controlled schools in Derbyshire, the following order of priority will be adopted.
See admission rules below:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order). This includes children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
- Children living in the normal area (see note 1) served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers or sisters (see note two) attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- Children living in the normal area (see note 1) served by the school at the time of application and admission.
- Children not living in the normal area (see note 1) served by the school but who have brothers or sisters (see note 2) attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- In the case of voluntary controlled church schools, children whose parents request a place on religious grounds (see note 3).
- Other children whose parents have requested a place.
Where, in the case of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6, choices have to be made between children satisfying the same criteria, those children living nearest to the school measured by the straight line distance will be given preference.